Tuesday 19 November 2013

Inspiration for Album Cover

This is the album cover for Frank Oceans 'Channel Orange', I like this design as the overall design is very simple. However, its simplicity is very appealing. I also like the minimalistic approach towards the design, as in this modern day and age what seems to be the case is 'less is best'. So this 'motto' has influenced this directly as there is only the very important things shown in this cover. I like the fact that Frank Ocean himself is in an orange tint and the whole cover is in an orange tint. This is the sort of style I would like to implement on my own album cover.

Here, Chris Brown's album 'Fortune' and Drake's latest album 'Nothing Was The Same' is also loosely based on the same idea of 'less is best' as they have they again have the bare minimum items on the cover. These generally seem to include the artist covering most of the cover and the writing covering the rest of the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment