Monday 30 September 2013

Treatment For 'Thinking About You' - Frank Ocean

Having looked through and analysed music videos, they all seem to have somewhat of a correlation with the lyrics even though it may not be clear all the time.

I want my music video to be performance based so the shots are mainly going to be focused on the artist.
I'd like to incorporate a lot of long and mid shots in my music video along with a lot of low key natural lighting with clouds of smoke produced with the use of a smoke machine. I would like shots to be cross cut  This would be filmed in a dark room. I would like the artist highlighted with a spotlight like on a theater stage. I would also like the artist to be surrounded by red candles as red is associated with love which is what the song is predominantly about. This will flow with the mise-en-scene as the artist is going to be mainly be wearing black and as the artist is going to be wearing sunglasses so this will represent a mystery as we can't see their eyes. I do not want to add in any significant editing apart from the midnight purple tint to the video.

The artist is going to be lip syncing to the song the whole way through the music video so I want to in cooperate a lot of mid shots and medium close ups. In terms of cinematography, I will use a panning shot with a long shot to establish my location in the dark room lit with different colours of spot lights. Close up on various parts of the artist to show their watch, shoes and casual suit. High angle shots are going to be used so the audience can see the whole of the artist in a 'comfortable' way and also make him easier to see as the artist is still up and coming. The transition of shots are going to be straight after one another, this is also going to change along with the beat to add a real connection between the music beat and the music video.

This music video is going to meet some of the genres conventions such as flashy clothes and that the music video is performance based and also include flashy cars. Unlike the general convention of hip hop I will not be sexualising women as this is a song about one.


1 comment: